Saturday, August 20, 2016

Minuteman Missile Tours


This morning I got an early start. To experience a tour for the launch control center, tickets are given first come, first served at 8am each morning. The last review from a couple days ago said there were 50 people in line before 8am for the 54 tickets offered. I decided to leave camp at 7:15 and see what I could get. Well, at 8am there were only 20 people in line and I was 4th so I got my pick of your times. Only 6 people on a tour, so this would be a private tour just for our family. 
Our tour guide, Ranger Boensch, was a former missileer - he worked in this launch center!

We saw living quarters. 

And were taken down to the underground launch center. 
We really enjoyed the firsthand knowledge he shared on our tour. 

Afterwards, we headed to one missile silo that was controlled by the facility we had just toured.  
The cell phone audio tour was informative. 
So were the signs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment