Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Kaden update - post surgery

Kaden is doing well. Thank you for praying with us. The surgery went well. The doctors did not have to use the cadaver tendon because Kaden is a slender guy and they were able to stretch his own anatomy to reach. So that is one less point of failure.

According to Kaden, this surgery has been the most painful to date. In the past, he did not need any strong pain killers at home, but, instead, used only tylenol & advil. This experience was significantly more painful and he was using the stronger meds and at the strongest dose. Thankfully, today he woke up with little pain. Praise the Lord! He took some tylenol this morning (just in case), but didn’t need anything else all day. Again, thank you all for praying with us!

Now we wait. 12 weeks is a LONG time to be in an immobilizing brace. Kaden is already somewhat miserable in it as the straps and bracing metal pieces are very uncomfortable even when wearing it correctly. It will just take some getting used to. We continue to pray for a full recovery but know that we won’t know any results for several months. We praise the Lord that this surgery was even an option and that there were local doctors willing to give it a shot. Looking forward to sharing good news in a few months.


“I will exalt you, O Lord, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. O Lord, you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going down into the pit. Sing to the Lord, you saints of his; praise his holy name.”

Psalm 30:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment