Tuesday, November 22, 2016

NYC

So New York City is just not my thing. I've been avoiding it. There's so many other places I'd like to drop my money!
But alas, we have come. And so far, it's been fabulous!
We're "camping" urban style again and this time we're right across the Hudson from the World Trade Center and we can see Lady Liberty from our campsite!

We got settled and headed down to the subway to get to Manhattan.
We explored Wall Street,
Trinity Church (thanks to National Treasure again),
the stock exchange,
and saw the Charging Bull. 
Then we viewed the 9/11 Memorial prior to entering the 9/11 Museum for the evening.
Once we'd (read: Scott) decided we were doing NYC, I found that the 9/11 museum (normally $24) has free Tuesday night tix available online Monday mornings. So thankful we found that because it was a fabulous museum.
Really well done and my kids who have taken 9/11 so lightly came out with a better understanding of the gravity of the day (and it was a good weight - not too much). 
Not too many photos because there were lots of restrictions but I was also very engrossed in the presentation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment