Friday, October 7, 2016

More Frost to come

Trust the paper map...
We found ourselves here at the top of a very steep and narrow 1/2 mile one lane road.
We had to make this fun turn around because my phone was taking us to the middle of a vast park, not to the entrance! (Yes, I know, I should have looked to see where it was taking us before following blindly!)
Tre paper map got us there! (:
Covered bridge! - this is Vermont
And we made it!

So fun to find Robert Frost poems all over the park and in the perfect setting every time.
Our poetry study comes to life.
So we started and ended our day with Robert Frost. I couldn't have planned it better myself.
Junior rangers oath.
Stewardship, not worship...
This park was interesting because it was born out of the desire to conserve Vermont's natural landscape. Though the three men may not be on the same page as our current president, their vision has been further accomplished through Obama's "Every Kid in a Park" program. Funny how conservation and conservative come from the same root but liberals are huge on environmental conservation and ... (still thinking on this.)
We finished the day with Sy asking me to ride in the very back with him to help him write a poem on the way to our campsite. He would tell me a sentence or thought about some part of nature he  saw and I would give him a rhyming word so he could make a second line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment