Tuesday, October 4, 2016

CANADA!

The shortest way across the north toward Maine crosses from Detroit to Niagara Falls across Ontario, Canada. So we left the U.S. behind for a couple days and headed into foreign territory.
But we told the kids we were following the Underground Railroad. 

It was at this point I realized the passports were all in the trailer and had to jump out and get them. I feared that would draw attention to us and we would  be pulled over to have the whole RV searched.
Thankfully, we had an uneventful border crossing.
At this point the photos cease. I had been feeling sick since the evening we were in Detroit and I spent our whole 2 days in Canada laying in bed. I left the trailer once to sit outside in the fresh air for an hour, but that's it. ): but when I was laying in bed I had a view on both sides of bright blue skies and green leaves yellowing. It was at least a pretty view to be sick to. 
The kids had a blast playing and running all over Lakewood Christian Camp, where we were staying. They played a huge chess game, fished in one of the ponds, played a soccer shuffleboard game, and built "kingdoms" at the huge gravel pit playground. 
I got a picture of the playground as we pulled out. At the back are about 20 huge tractor toys. 
Back to the USA today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment