Saturday, June 3, 2017

3 days with the Thibodo family in KCK

We rolled into town and went straight to "the yard". Uncle Adrian runs an auto salvage yard and the boys were eager to see it. He wasn't there but my cousin Mark gave us a tour. 

We met Aunt Vickie at the park to let the kids run a bit and she brought us dinner! Ky rode with cousin Renita and Aunt Eleanor to our camping spot for the night. 
The next day, we left the trailer at Aunt Vickie's house so we didn't have to pull it. We made a visit to the Capitol then returned and the kids played at Renita's house til we were ready to go to dinner. 
Aunt Eleanor treated us to Chinese buffet. So yummy! It was fun just to hang out and hear stories from these ladies. 
Since the trailer was already here, we spent the night here. 

Next morning, we headed to KCMO to see Uncle Buddy. Every time I've visited in the past, he hosted us in his home.  Now he's in assisted living. We had a pleasant visit, but I did miss him cooking greens. 
Before we headed out, I wanted to visit my grandparents' graves. 
There were so many flowers because of Memorial Day. Aunt Vickie graciously showed us to Uncle Napoleon's grave also. She had his 57 Chevy engraved on the headstone. 
On the east side of the cemetery is the "old black" cemetery. Nobody can be buried here unless they bought their plot long ago because they stopped selling them. 
We spent a good amount of time here because we couldn't find my great grandpa Stroud's stone, but we did get to see the Thibodo side's graves. They were the original Joe & Jo, before my parents. (:
Sadly, it was time to say goodbye to family. The time was far too short, but I am so thankful that my kids finally got to meet so many from this side of the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment