Friday, September 2, 2016

On Aunt Kathy's farm, Chandler, MN - 8/31

The VanderLugts were hosts of part of my summer adventures when I was little. This past couple weeks has been full of visiting places and seeing people that I've not seen in 30 years! 


Reminiscing in the barn I played in...
Rope swing!

They don't have livestock anymore and so they don't use their hay mow, but they put fresh lightbulbs up today so we could have this pleasure! I am so blessed!

The kids enjoyed their tree houses.
We were treated to a yummy dinner (aka: lunch) and dessert of homemade popsicles - just like when I was last here. Thanks Aunt Kathy!

After eating we got a tour of the newer additions to their property - the wind turbines that are part of the buffalo ridge wind farm and their workshop where the magic of ReBorn Home Furnishings happens! 
I am so thankful for reconnecting with these ladies, my mom's cousins, who  have shared fun stories of their teen years and escapades. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment