Sunday, December 18, 2016

Trail of Tears, continued




Our favorite part of the Chief Vann house was the layout! Every child approached me to tell me how cool the floor plan was and how they wanted to buy the home. (:
This staircase was in the middle, circling up to the third floor as well as down to the basement.
Large rooms were on either side - made possible by the lack of kitchen and bathrooms!
This is the en suite.
And out the bedroom window, you can see the kitchen.
This small log cabin housed a slave family responsible for cooking all meals.

We lunched at Waffle House. I was super hesitant because last time I ate at Waffle House was in Arizona when they still asked, "Smoking or non-smoking?" And I remember the distinct taste of smoke flavored waffles. Yuck! 
Today I got to replace that taste with regular waffle taste and that is a much more pleasant memory.
Games, games, games! We've played so many fun games with the grandparents. After church we had friends over for lunch (and they brought games). They have served as missionaries in a variety of countries and capacities and have a never ending supply of fascinating and hilarious stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment