Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Utah state Capitol


This morning, we visited the Utah state capital. Actually, I had some things to sort out for the trailer pick up tomorrow, so I ran around Salt Lake City taking care of some things while Scott and the kids took a tour of the Capitol building. I did catch the last 15 minutes. But that was after negotiating with 4 different banks (and a lot of man time on hold) to figure out how to get money out of our bank account and to the trailer people (Thank you Utah First Credit Union!) - all of which just took a lot of time. 

The kids impressed the tour guide by translating the Latin declaration Vox Populi in the assembly room. In fact, when I got there, are three oldest came to me separately to tell me that she said, "Nobody has ever been able to translate that before. You guys are really smart." (Thanks Classical Conversations!)


They also wanted to tell me about the glass that was used on the second floor that you could see through from the first floor. Apparently, the glass was ordered from Singapore, which was very exciting since we have a connection with that country. I took this picture from below of the rest of the family making fun shadows on the glass.
After the capitol tour, we had lunch in a pretty grassy area next to the capitol, then headed down to Temple Square. But not before... finding a notary (thank you UPS store) AND providing the proper documentation for the notary - which I forgot in the car more than a mile away! (Thanks Scott!!!) I used to be on top of things like this, but somehow living out of a car, cramps my organizational skills. (: So thankful my husband is willing to cheerfully pick up my slack!

No comments:

Post a Comment