Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Singapore Day 7

CC Anaheim meets CC Singapore

It was a late morning after our late night. We all got showered and had a light meal and got out the door. The grubb6 were let loose in Singapore without a guide. (Grandpa & Grandma stayed home.) We rode bikes to the MRT and took 2 trains to meet our new CC friends! Anju does CC here with her kids and will be starting to tutor Challenge A in a couple weeks. I remember the nervousness I felt when I was to start just 4 months ago, so I am so happy we got to get our families together for lunch. I know we will be able to continue to encourage each other in the months to come. Their family hosted us at a really nice local Indian restaurant on the top of the largest Indian shopping center. There were beautiful views and it was delicious food. I am trying so many things that I wouldn’t otherwise and finding that I do like them. (: So silly that I have to be forced to branch out.
After lunch, we did some Christmas shopping and parted ways planning to meet up again before we go home. Hopefully, we can go to the night safari together.

Back at home, we rested up a bit. I find that we have to rest quite a bit more than normal. I think the heat and humidity really suck the life out of you a bit. Lots of water and rest required. We finished out the evening with one more trip to the mall (#? I’ve lost count!) The kids really wanted to finish their Christmas shopping. No matter how much the adults say, “you don’t need to buy me anything,” they still “need” to get something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment