Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Singapore Day 6, part 2 of 3

a fun bridge

 Across the main road from the farms, we had lunch first.





 It was an adventurous lunch – you walked out on floating walkway to select a fish from their nets where the fish were still swimming in the ocean.
 We selected a couple large fish for them to cook and as they were walking back to get them ready, Kik & I were still looking in the nets.
 Sy was also looking in a net behind me and tried to pull it up as the workers had done and he ended up falling in! I heard a loud splash, then a cry, “Mommy!”I ran ten feet to Sy (who can swim) and reached my arm down to pull him out of the water. Honestly, I had been taking photos and was really tempted to take a photo first, but alas... he was crying, “Get me out! I don’t want the fish to bite me!” Poor Sy was so scared. One worker came over and helped me pull him out and all was well in the end - just a little scrape and, of course, wet clothes.
Unfortunately, some of the fish that were in the net were freed so we got to pay a bit extra for lunch, but I think everyone was really thankful that Sy was safe.
 Lunch was delicious!
 and we had coconuts for drinks! 

We said, “Terima Kasih,” which means “Thank you”, so many times!

No comments:

Post a Comment