Wednesday, February 19, 2014

CA African American Museum & Science Center

CAAM totally inappropriate for children and a sad representation of the African American community (in my humble opinion). But so much so that I told the lady at the entrance desk who replied "well, I guess there are more art than historical exhibits right now."
I asked about the class of 6-year-old school children, wondering if their parents knew that going to the "African American Museum" was so graphic and inappropriate. If I was a parent signing a permission slip, I would never had guessed what my child would see!
My 4 actually asked why anyone (including me) would bring children here. 
Needless to say, our visit was brief - like 10 minutes to see all 5 galleries brief. 
If we want to learn about African Americans, we'll have to find some other resources. 
On a happier note, we visited the science center today and found new exhibits. Some we missed during our last visit at Christmas time, some that had changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment