Sunday, January 22, 2012

boys can bake

This morning I woke up to a loud clatter. Someone had opened the slide out drawer of pans that we DO NOT ever open - because cookie sheets slide down the back and make loud noise. (No harm done, just loud.)

Well this morning, Kik was the offender and Jo quickly helped him clean up and because I heard them working together, I didn't say anything (or get out of bed). :)
When I did get out of bed, the boys had prepared biscuits following (and doubling) the recipe on the bisquick box. They did a fantastic job and the biscuits were delicious. I was pleasantly surprised by their initiative and skill. I have only made this recipe a couple times, so it's not something they're familiar with and they accurately doubled the recipe. Also, I'm lazy, so the couple times I used the recipe, I made the "drop biscuits". The boys used cookie cutters to make fun shapes after flouring the counter and rolling out the dough! And they cleaned up!
Love these kids. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment