Saturday, September 29, 2007

i just wanna be lazy!

being a good mama is hard work! i am almost 6 years into my parenting journey and i want to stop using trial and error to raise my kids. God is the most amazing Father, so i've been looking to His Book for answers to my questions.
2 verses that have challenged me lately are...
proverbs 29:15 "The rod of correction imparts wisdom, but a child left to himself disgraces his mother."
my response: 1. in what way must one spank to impart wisdom? (i'm over the to spank or not to spank question and on to the how do i best show them love) and, 2. can't i just be lazy??? do i really have to get up as early as they do (so they are not left to themselves)? you can see by the time of this post that i'm not an "early to bed" person... this may be reflected in my lack of health, wealth, and wisdom. hmmm...
the other verse - Psalm 51:12 "Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."
i can have fun and laugh with my family and friends. but these last days have been trying and i have been upheld by my Lord Jesus. true joy comes only from Him.
i am encouraged by... Psalm 63, Romans 14:17-19 and Psalm 119:114-117
so the Bible says to use correction, supervision, and JOY. i know that's not all, but that's where i'll start.

1 comment:

  1. Tara, I'm so very proud of you. You are a wonderful mother. The kids are all exploring life and parameters, eash in their own way. This is a more than full time job for you. Getting some rest would be helpful, too :-) You know that God is faithful and bring you true joy through His Salvation. I'll pray that the kids each have a willing spirit.

    Please know Jim and I pray for you each day. The power of prayer is mighty powerful!

    I'm going to pray that you find some joyful moments that will make you laugh out loud with the kids and they will laugh with you as well.

    May God bless you richly,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete