Friday, January 31, 2014

fruit trees and lemony lemon brownies

We are blessed over and over again by this place we call home.
In the back corner of the complex, there is a community garden (which we can replant in march) 
(Although there are a few lingering cherry tomatoes from the last planting.)
and an abundance of fruit trees! Navel orange,
mandarin orange, lemon, loquat, and some I have not identified yet.
The lemon tree branches are bending quite a bit with their load of lemons.  So yesterday, I sent the kids down for lemons and we made a lemon bread with a sweet glaze. It was interesting.
Today, we grabbed more lemons and made lemon lemony brownies and lemonade!
I have found that our apartment managers and groundsmen are the perfect people for our family to share 9x13s of dessert with. They appreciate the treats and I don't eat half the pan by myself!
This treat was special to them too, because it was made with our "home-grown" fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment