Saturday, November 19, 2011

seriously? sick again?

i have strep throat again!
it came on friday night - exactly 3 weeks after the last time. so saturday morning, with 2 kids in tow (including sy who was throwing up all night with a 24hr flu), i headed to the clinic to get some antibiotics. (i needed them right away because i had to cook at church sunday for our thanksgiving meal!)
first i texted my dearest nurse marijo, to verify what should happen when i got to the clinic. and the NP didn't know what to do with me. again she didn't think i had strep. again she told me i would be charged more for labs if the 1st test was negative. again the test was positive. and again, after much research and phone calling, i left with an antibiotic prescription. but, she said if it happens again, don't come back because she'll have to send me to an ENT - i really need to get a doctor. why won't my pediatrician just see me too? i really like him!
the amazing thing in all this sickness is that nobody else in my family is getting sick! thank you Lord for watching over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment