Sunday, January 2, 2011

we're home!

we traveled over 4700 miles in the past 3 weeks!
williams AZ to cypress CA - the last 434 miles
williams is beautiful. snow everywhere. fun for kids to play.
scott had to work a bit this morning so i took the kids for a walk. we saw the grand canyon train take off. we walked to a couple churches, but their services were not until later. so we just enjoyed the town's christmas tree and the music playing nearby and the kids played on the ice on the street - trying to crack it.
scott picked us up after a bit. actually, he called me to let me know he was done, but my phone was on silent. we were passing some "federal officers" (that's what their badges said) and one asked, "what's that beeping noise?" kik answered, "oh. that's just my mom's phone." - and it was - and i hadn't noticed :) typical me.
scott had actually sent my phone a message to beep at me - despite it being on silent - how? beyond that, he was tracking me down using the GPS in my phone to find me! and drove up moments later. a little too weird for me, but it did get us on the road. (now my husband can find out where i am on gps at all times - hmmm...)
the drive home was pretty uneventful. we stopped for lunch at cracker barrel because we hadn't been there the whole trip and we don't have them in california.
we were almost home - only 90 minutes away - and it started snowing! how bizarre.
now we're home. it will be good to have non-traveling time, but i will miss traveling. until the next adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment