Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am so thankful for our awesome God and his amazing plan for his creation! We have enjoyed a variety of books (devotionals, history texts, and stories), sermons, and conversations that have emphasized the superintendence of God - none using that word, but that would be my summary of them all. It is so exciting to hear God's voice as a variety of sources, completely unrelated to each other, are used by Him to speak in unison. For that, I am thankful.
We got out the "I am thankful for..." tablecloth and the kids added their new handprints and we all added what we are thankful for this year. Here are the kids' prints...




Our Thanksgiving celebration was small - only our immediate family, my dad & niece, but we were no less thankful and had no less food!
In the evening, we enjoyed having Grandma & Grandpa join us for an hour via skype all the way from Georgia! My dad marveled at the technology - having never experienced skype. Sy still thinks that once we're skype-ing, the grandparents are here - he runs all around the house chatting at them. So, despite how I sometimes loathe technology (or rather, poor uses of it), we enjoyed using it to "be with" family far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment